Top 6 Signs Of Poor Air Quality In Your Ogden Area Home
Top 6 Signs Of Poor Indoor Air Quality In Your Ogden, UT, Home
Don’t Let These Problems Sneak Up On You
Have you recently been concerned with poor indoor air quality in your Ogden, UT, home? We often picture dust floaters or mold when we think of poor indoor air quality. However, the top signs that your home’s air quality is low are sometimes much more subtle.
Perhaps you always feel tired, no matter how much coffee you drink.
Or maybe you just feel like you have a bad cold or allergies you can’t get rid of.
If your home has poor air quality, you could suffer from a number of symptoms and issues. Many people aren’t even aware of the negative impact of low indoor air quality on their health. Let’s look at the top signs of poor air quality in your home and learn about methods to improve air quality.
1. Strong Odors
Unpleasant odors are often the first sign that your home is not as clean and healthy as possible. Pay attention to strong odors in your home, such as musty smells, which could signal water damage or mold growth.
2. Dust Buildup
If you notice dust buildup on surfaces in your home, it is a sign that the air quality may not be great. Dust is a major allergen and air pollutant that can have significant impacts on your family’s health. Installing a HEPA bypass filter in your HVAC can positively impact the dust levels in your air.
3. Stuffy Air
Stale or stuffy air can indicate poor air quality. If your home feels stuffy, it could be due to a lack of ventilation, trapping contaminants inside the home. You could need your HVAC system cleaned. Additionally, airing out your home by opening the windows and using exhaust fans can help in this situation.
Moisture in the air can lead to mold growth, which can decrease indoor air quality. Look for any signs of water damage or standing water in your home.
Getting routine maintenance completed on your HVAC system can help prevent inappropriate moisture levels in the air. While our climate tends to be dry, overuse of a humidifier can negatively impact your air quality.
5. Fatigue And Lethargy
Feeling tired or lethargic after spending time in your home could be a sign of poor air quality, especially if going outside for a time seems to help. Indoor air pollutants can have a profoundly draining effect on you and your family, making it uncomfortable to be in your home.
6. Allergies And Respiratory Issues
If you sneeze and cough more often inside your home, this could be a sign of poor indoor air quality. Pay attention to other signs, such as itchy eyes or an irritated throat, chronic respiratory infections or coughs, and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality In Ogden, UT?
There are several issues that can cause poor indoor air quality in the Ogden area. Understanding what is causing your issues can help us understand which indoor air quality treatment can improve the air quality in your home.
- Air Conditioning And Humidity Levels: An aging or worn-out HVAC system is one of the biggest causes of poor air quality in a home. When the heating and air system isn’t working correctly, it can lead to incorrect humidity levels in your home. This can cause mold growth, dust mites, and other allergens to thrive.
- Pollutants: Air pollutants such as smoke, pet dander, pollen, and dust mites can contribute to lower air quality in your home. Suppose you have smokers in the house, pets, or live close to a construction site or industrial area. In that case, the pollutants from these sources can travel into your home.
- Cleaning And Maintenance: Failing to vacuum regularly and other poor cleaning habits can also contribute to poor indoor air quality. Not changing air filters or using harsh cleaning chemicals can also worsen the situation.
- Tobacco Smoke: Tobacco smoke is a significant source of indoor air pollution. Even if you are not smoking indoors, secondhand smoke from outdoors can still find its way inside.
- Poor Ventilation: With the Ogden area’s dry climate, lack of ventilation can cause dust and allergens to accumulate, leading to poor air quality.
- Mold Growth: Mold spores in the air can cause respiratory problems and other health issues.
- Chemical Odors: Household cleaning products, paint, and other chemicals can give off a strong odor that can cause headaches and other issues. If your heating and air are not circulating the air adequately, these chemicals can cause all sorts of issues.
Absolute Comfort Heating and Air Can Improve Your Ogden, UT, Home’s Air Quality
Absolute Comfort Heating and Air can improve your home’s air quality to lower the levels of pollutants, allergens, and contaminants in your indoor space.
Don’t hesitate to call us today for a free quote on servicing your HVAC system. We will help you identify any issues you may have and decide what steps to take to improve the air quality in your Ogden area home!
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late,
The worst time to get your heating and cooling system serviced is when it’s down. Keep your Ogden area family comfortable all year long with expert service from Absolute Comfort Heating and Air Conditioning.